Summary of role
The Field Service Engineer is responsible for the installation and fault rectification of Mitrefinch (and associated) products as directed by the company.
Production Manager, or delegated substitute in their absence.
The Field Service Engineer is responsible for the following tasks:
- The installation and maintenance of Mitrefinch and third party equipment
- The configuration of Mitrefinch and associated software in accordance with client requirements.
- The commissioning of Mitrefinch equipment in accordance with client requirements.
- Adherence to quality control standards.
- The planning of diary and respective subsistence, e.g. hotels and travel.
- The control of expenditure in accordance with the Mitrefinch Expenses Policy.
- Assistance to junior Field Service Engineers in their learning of Mitrefinch and associated products.
- Shadowing and training of junior Field Service Engineer, as tasked by management.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
The Field Service Engineer is also expected to:
- Deliver and/or maintain Mitrefinch products within prescribed timescales, to an agreed standard.
- Deliver training to clients on Mitrefinch Products where required, within published timescales and to a prescribed format.
- Report daily on project progress to the Project Managers.
- Maintain effective communication between all parts of Mitrefinch and the customer’s company in any matter relating to the furtherance of a project.
- Undertake self-training and study to improve knowledge in accordance with guidance from the Service Delivery Manager.
- To ensure Van stock levels are maintained to the prescribed level.
- Act as an Ambassador for the company, including maintaining a clean vehicle, internally and externally.
Health and Safety
Your Departmental Manager is your Health and Safety Manager.
The Field Service Engineer is expected to consult with customers, Project Managers, implementers and other Field Service Engineers as required, as well as with the Mitrefinch Help Desk staff.
Term of employment
Monday to Friday, arrive on customer’s site no later than 09:00, departing when complete or at 17:30 unless otherwise agreed.
Qualifications (necessary skills and experience required)
A Field Service Engineer is expected to have:
- Good customer service skills.
- An understanding of current Microsoft Operating systems.
- A sound knowledge of Mitrefinch TMS and Access control Hardware related configuration utilities, capabilities and limitations
- Smart clean appearance
- BS7671 Parts I, II & III 17th Edition
- IOSH SPA Food safety passport
- CCNSG Safety passport
- IPAF Powered Access license
- BAA Airside pass holder (as required)
- Driving license