A key position in the business. This role is responsible for acquisition activity within the 100+ employee segment of B2B within Canada. This role will focus on growth activities within a defined territory of private and public-sector businesses through field based, direct sales activity.
The role holder is responsible for sales within a dedicated territory in Canada. You will generate opportunities by prospecting to identify and close opportunities across Canada in line with business targets.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- To achieve set monthly targets as determined by the company.
- Be responsible for identifying, developing and closing sales through sustained prospecting and other activity. Fully understand the business, buying and decision making process of the prospects as well as developing effective relationships with key contacts within target prospects.
- Create the buying vision by understanding customer requirements and presenting the Mitrefinch product portfolio to effectively remove challenges and/or create efficiencies within the prospect’s organisation.
- Provide accurate detailed monthly and quarterly forecasts and ensure information on Sales Force.com is maintained as part of your daily cadence.
- Be prepared to provide feedback on aspects of Sales and Marketing activity when requested.
- Maintain a high degree of knowledge of the HCM marketplace to ensure Mitrefinch remain competitive in the territories we operate.
- Interface/assist with other internal departments (e.g. Project Management) as required to ensure that customer issues are resolved to their satisfaction before and where necessary after any hand-over.
- Provide a professional handover of accounts as necessary on a timely basis including all required paperwork/files.
- Maintain professional customer liaison and ensure the ethics of ‘Best Advice’ are followed at all times.
- Act as an ambassador for Mitrefinch both in the external market and within internal stakeholders, demonstrating best in class sales behaviour and delivery of excellent customer experience results.
- Comply with all elements of the sales charter, and with all company policies and procedures at all times
- Maintain at all times an understanding of the commercial monthly, quarterly and annual position for your performance.
- Be able to produce, when requested, a detailed overview of territory metrics through the use of Salesforce.com
- Consistently build and maintain a pipeline of opportunity, including all relevant information required to understand the needs of the prospect/customer.
- Ensure accurate paperwork, quotations and files are produced/communicated to enable the successful implementation of the Mitrefinch solution to all customers.
- Conduct effective hand-overs to ensure new customers receive best-in-class implementation and support.
*The above is not an exhaustive list but identifies the core functions of the role.
Critical Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of 2 years highly successful full solutions sales experience in a business to business marketplace with a complex product and in a role that is primarily focused on winning new business.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain an effective network of contacts and build relationships at all levels of the organization internally and externally.
- Broad commercial and financial acumen and awareness of issues involved in negotiating contracts in a constructive and logical manner.
- An influential and highly effective communicator (verbal/non-verbal/written).
- A team player able to work and support colleagues across the organization.
- A willingness to accept change and to maintain effectiveness in a changing environment with ability to ‘see the bigger picture’
- Desire to exceed objectives and targets.
- Positive outlook when faced with challenges.
- An effective problem solver
- Willingness to travel within your assigned territory.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
Nice to have:
- Salesforce.com experience
- Industry knowledge
- Knowledge of Human Capital Management solutions
Travel with overnight stays required.